Thursday, February 19, 2015

The Puppies Are All Sold, Again

I know they're adorable and cute. I know that when any person comes to see them, they instantly find "the one." I also know that the family that has a Heeler puppy is "in-for" raising a baby that is full of energy, a pup that chews-up crazy stuff, and makes a lot of mistakes. But the look they give you is filled with innocence, "Whad' I do?" Instantly, we're over it. We try to teach them, but they are sometimes so super-hyper A.D.D. Steve and I have to go get them and make them see things like: Don't go in the horses' pens, the sheep, the goats, the pigs, and especially the cattle pens. (We don't have any steers or heifers right now)


They need to learn to be invited, especially with cattle. Our horses don't have that great peripheral vision that a lovely heifer is blessed to have in those big, soft eyes. The horses will eventually kick if anything bites them long enough. Our four-year-old, red-headed, grandson Jaxon, crawled-in with our mare and was biting her pastern (YES, he did!) because she had kicked their Queensland Heeler, Dixie, (Darby's sister) Banner just stood there and took it and I'm grateful this horse knew the difference between a little child and a new grouchy dog. Dixie the Heeler, was in her "protecting-mode because Jaxon was near a "big creature." I'm not sure she'd ever seen a horse out in Arizona.


Mercedes is Sold


Jetta is Sold


Rover and Austin are Sold


Chevy is Sold

We will have puppies again. I don't have a clue when this will be. Please check back with us. The puppies are apart of our family and some of the best memories for our grandchildren. Darby is going to be retired to the porch. Thank you dear families the have received our puppies. It's really hard to let them go. When the puppies are completely gone and I see their play kennel. I really do cry.


No comments:

Post a Comment