Friday, February 6, 2015

Now Darby Has Puppies 5 Weeks Old And This Is It!




 
Darby and Duelly
 
Our photographer took so many pictures of the puppies I wanted to go in and take a nap when it was over. He started in the middle of the day and stayed until the sun went behind the hills up the canyon, here. This time the puppies were born a wee bit early, maybe because Darby was so excited to see our daughter, Kiely when she came to visit us on January 2nd. Darby had her puppies that next night.
 
Darby and Kiely were inseparable from the time she was a senior in high school and junior college. Darby knows her best buddy in the world and it had been a long time since Kiely had made the trip back here from Wyoming. I think this was maybe the first time Darby was nose to nose with Kiely's toddler Dune, our granddaughter. We (my husband and I) thought she might be a little jealous of Dune... but not a bit. Darby took to her as she did to Kiely and was trying to groom the little one. It was precious to see her love for Kiely's little pup, Dune. 
 
The labor was long as usual and went until the next day. Darby does have lots of breaks between newborns and that is a blessing that they don't deliver all at once. Because of early beginning these puppies won't be ready to leave until at least seven weeks old. They just started eating soft, soft food and now drink water.
 
These are the pictures I picked today. I was wrong on my count of how many photos were taken a couple days ago. I scroll through the pictures over and over. I know the puppies but my place in the roll of pictures...I just lost my place so many times. The little girl known as Mercedes was the first to have pictures, so I'll start with the girls first. Remember that the photographs are of really young puppies I'll put more up next week.



Mercedes




Mercedes

 
 
Mercedes
Mercedes

 
  This next puppy is a red merle girl with patches and we had her tail docked.
This girl is named Jetta.
 
Jetta
 
 
Jetta
 
 Jetta
 
Now for the boys, we have two blue merle with darker patches and one red male that was the little runt. He doesn't act anything like I thought he would. He's everywhere and bouncing and playing with them all. His name is Chevy and I'll post his pictures last he was so sleepy after tearing around the yard. Freedom!
 
The next two are Rover and then Austin. The two husky-round guys!
 



 Rover
 
Rover
 
Rover
 
 Austin
 
Austin
 
Austin's tail doesn't have a spot on it and he has no dark-spot on his forehead near the ever- present small, white "Bentley Mark" That mark becomes more apparent as they grow older. The blue merles are tri-colored with dark points and red. Austin has a dark dot on his forehead and has an inkblot on his hindquarters and part of his tail. These three boys are buddies, Chevy explores  a bit more and loves to hang-out at people. They have such different personalities. My granddaughters have given him so much attention!What a red dog?"
 
 This is Chevy

Chevy
 
 
Chevy
 
 
Chevy
 
Chevy

My email is susankaylazenby@gmail.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment