Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Laney Is Having Puppies!

Laney, Darby's little "wild child" is expecting with Duelly. I have counted the days and she's due on June 8th. So fun to have  Heeler pups for the summer. It'll be a challenge--fleas, flies, and lots of fir shavings. One litter is a huge bunch of work and I'm so glad my daughter has a wonderful area and huge dog barn for Laney. My Marnie lives right next door and Laney plays here a lot except when my grandchildren are here. I can call her and she just looks at me like she's saying, "I'm busy watching my flock of children." The kids actually wrestle with her all over the lawn. I know they'll be tender with her during her gestation. Laney will have only one litter and she'll be fixed by Dr. Bailey in Ojai.

Laney's due date will be June 8th. and most likely these pups could be all blue merle. Darby is larger than her daughter so we aren't expecting her to have the larger litter like Darby, but we know for sure that she's been covered. Oh, the puppies we're having around here, my grandchildren will be in heaven. We love these dogs.




No comments:

Post a Comment