Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Doctor's Appointment: Scary For Darby & Me, too

The puppies had their first visit with the vet at Matilija Vet Clinic. All passed with excellent health and "flying colors" and even the vet wants a puppy. Now that's a compliment. She docked and removed the dew-claws as per requested by reserved puppies and thankfully she agreed with me on which little girls are going to end-up "reds". There was crying on the way home and I even heard a first "puppy bark." Sounded like, "Dang!" I know three little puppies whose rears hurt.

I've never seen a more excited mother-dog when she saw the basket of puppies coming home. Darby ran in and plopped-down on her bed and I handed-out each one for her inspection. I guess she doesn't count like I thought because she looked and nosed around twice to see if I was keeping one hidden in the basket.

Looking For More?

I let our other two loose to run and run and run and I sat and had
a small bowl of frozen yogurt thinking how great this day had been.

The Daddy, Duelly

Duelly

Squirrel! Yes, really!
The Same Look! From the Movie, "UP"
And, The Squirrels Jump Out of Trees!






Not a Surprise, But Guess What?

My daughter's family dog...the big red lab next door (in the big yellow mansion) is probably having her puppies in the next little bit. Obviously, it's the season of babies! BIG Rosa wouldn't eat today and well, that's one of the signs. I'm so excited for the big red dog and may have twelve in that big belly of hers and she can hardly walk.She's easily twice the size of Darby. Rosa was bred to a purebred red Lab and he's just as cute.


Rosa is smiling, panting, and very, very relaxed...
and all around her our three crazy Queensland's
jumping like they have springs on their feet.
I think the only word to describe Rosa,
 the red Labrador, is mellow!

No comments:

Post a Comment